In determining eligibility for LIHEAP, grantees look at financial criteria such as an applicant household’s income, using Federal Poverty Income Guidelines, as well as assets. They may also target or prioritize certain households such as the elderly or handicapped.
- State Percent of Poverty Guidelines for LIHEAP Components
- Expedited or Automatic LIHEAP Eligibility
- LIHEAP Heating Assistance Eligibility: Assets Test
- State Subsidized and Rental Household Eligibility and Benefits
- Federal Poverty Guidelines for Optional Use in federal Fiscal Year 2011 LIHEAP Programs and Mandatory Use in Federal Fiscal Year 2012 LIHEAP Programs, dated 4/13/11.
- State Median Income Estimates for Optional Use in Federal Fiscal Year 2011 LIHEAP Programs and Mandatory Use in Federal Fiscal Year 2012 LIHEAP Programs, dated 6/2/11
- 75% State Median Income Estimates for FY 2009
- "Energy Assistance Eligibility Issues," Moises Gallegos, City of Phoenix, June 2005.